Re: [RC] AHA Region rides - Kristen A Fisher

As stated before, AHA does want to see some money coming "in" from endurance to support the programs that they have set up.
Maybe they need to explain that more clearly to AHA members, and why the Sweepstakes money and the AHA dues don't cover it?

He tells me that in order to keep building our recognition and gaining respect within AHA, people who are mainly interested in showing/breeding, we need to try and prove that this sport might be profitable (to owners, breeders and of course the association).
I'm not sure I understand this logic.

Our AHA ride also has it's own separate awards; completion, top 5 and first in Arab and 1/2 Arab.  Plus there are added expenses to the overall ride - entries, etc.
So - an extra $20 to $30 is worth it.  You'll come home with at least that much in awards probably!
Give it a shot - it's been fun.
Yes, I understand AHA awards are in addition to the AERC awards. In Region 9, there is budget from the Reg 9 organization set aside to cover the top 5 awards just like they cover the Region 9 regular & SH championships [only TADRA does all the work].

And I have to disagree about the awards. Both my horses are AHA sweepstakes nominated but I am certain my main endurance horse cannot do a 3:48-4:11 hour 50 miler [the times of the Reg 9 top 5]. So what's my incentive to participate in the AHA ride, especially if it is at an extra cost?

Kristen