Re: [RC] [RC] heart monitors and gps - April

Garmin makes a great combination tool that I really enjoy. I posted a review on it awhile back. It's in the archives and also on the web here:
http://tinyurl.com/55g5c

I should update it as I now prefer to use a free program called SportTracks (http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/) instead of the software shipped with the 301 unit, but it's still pretty accurate.

Another update. The 301 seems to hold satellite reception way better than my old Forerunner 201 model (that, for those of you that don't know, is an earlier model without a lot of the bells and whistles or the hrm feature of the 301). I haven't had to use any type of external antenna unit with my 301. Keeps reception very well in my wooded trails with heavy foliage cover. We weave in and out of the open so I'm sure that helps, but I have been very pleased with satellite reception of this unit.

Prior to my 301 combo unit, I used a Garmin Forerunner 201 and a VMAX heart rate monitor.

BTW, you can buy the Garmin Forerunner 301 unit complete and ready for your horse from Roger Rittenhouse at VMAX.
http://www.vmaxept.com/

April