[RC] saddle pad alterations. PNW. - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Paula Juergens cowlitztractor@xxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,
I recently got my Synergist! What a God send for an excessively short backed
pony/horse, You would not beleive the difference it has made for my horses
comfort level and ability to really move comfortable for several hours straight.
I still have the problem of the pad being too long though. I am not using a
wool pad, like is common with the Synergist's, as I am allergic to wool and
everytime I would brush it against my wrists or any skin what so ever I will
break out in welts and hives and itch like I've got mosquito bites. Sort of
like cheap soaps and detergents do to me.. Anyway, I've got a Skito pad that I
just absolutely love, and what a great combo with the Synergist, but it's too
Long,, WAY to long,, it goes clear up over his rump. And it relly looks stupid,
besides just holding in more heat.
I really need to find someone who can do alterations to it and take off about
9 inches with out making it look all butched up. I can sew, but the button is
guaranteed to fall off sometime later that day! Most dress shops don't
understand the heavy dutiness required in the sewing of horse stuff. I'm not a
rich person, but I can afford to pay someone good money for good work, Sort of
like my Synergist. So if anyone knows or can recommend a good shop or
alterations person,,,In the PNW area, I'd really love to hear from you. I
really want to be able to use this particular pad.