Re: [RC] human bed for gooseneck - Karen Sullivan

They make RV mattresses which are lightweight and fairly comfortable; mine has egg crate foam on top of it which makes it really comfortable.  I That seems to be the way to go, or I like the idea of just thick foam.....
----- Original Message -----
From: Laura
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 2:07 PM
Subject: [RC] human bed for gooseneck

I am needing to replace the mattress I use in my gooseneck.  Currently I sleep on  a futon with pad, which works fine, and was going to buy another one.  But I thought I'd check with everyone out there in ridecamp land to see if there might be something better.  What all do you sleep on?  Pros and cons, where did you buy it, cost, etc.  Right now I can just sit up on my mattress without hitting my head on the roof,  so I wouldn't want anything much thicker.  Would love to find out if there is something out there just perfect for a good night's rest after a hard ride.  Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Laura