[RC] Fwd: Drugs - WRSINOSKY

--- Begin Message --- Glad somebody mentioned drugs.  I've got two of my horses on supplements.  Hylasport which includes Glucosamine, MSM, Hyaluronic Acid and Chondroitin, Grand Meadows Hoof supplement and Grand Meadows multi vitamins.  I try to find products that advertise won't test positive, but few state that fact.  Dawn mentioned yucca testing. What other drugs/herbs/additives should I avoid?

Currently, my boy, the Beastie Doimas is out of action. He had a hoof abscess, but now I'm thinking it's something else. Had my vet (who is an excellent hoof and leg vet) do x-rays of both front hooves back in May, just to get a history on him. He was sound for a few weeks and I decided to ride him yesterday, but when I worked him in the round pen and turned him right, he favored that blasted foot again. So I'm back to soaking and wrapping the foot and feeding him BL Solution or bute. Anybody else out there have a recurring lameness?

Cindy
Buckeye, AZ

--- End Message ---