[RC] Bloody Nose - Jointendeavors

We would like to get the groups feed back on one of our mares, Dakota. We have decided to try using her for some endurance rides. She hasn't been ridden much in the last couple of years. She is about 12. We saddled up last weekend (her and 3 others) and took her on a slow easy 12 mile ride. The terrain was a challenging mountain trail. Up, down and switch backs with water and all. We took our time with it. She did great. When we were done and untacked we let the horses graze on some grass while we hung out for a bit. That was when we noticed some blood (bright red) trickling from her left nostril. Looking up as best I could, it didn't seem to be coming from inside the nose very far. Couldn't see the origin though. It was just a very small amount. Maybe a tablespoon. Just that and it was gone. Then today....no riding involved this time, we were out in the pasture saying hi to them and I noticed that she had a little blood again from the same nostril. Same thing. Bright red, couldn't see the origin but didn't appear to be coming from up inside very far and a small amount. Any body have any thoughts? She isn't coughing. No other symptoms.Good appetite. Just wonderful except for the mystery blood. Never saw this before our 12 mile ride the other day. Give us your input please.
Bobby & Libby