Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 11:53 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] re: for women only

Until fairly recently, that "problem" and childbirth were the main
cause of death among women. More women outside of US and Europe still
die from childbearing and it's accompanying plumbing problems than
from any other cause.

On the other hand, I went into menopause abruptly five years ago on
the death of my husband. Things had been a bit irregular (unlike for
most of my life when it was all clockwork) so I suppose I was getting
to that time anyway, but from the day he died I never had another
period.  To be honest, I rather missed it. I always felt that it was
sort of a biological rinse cycle and never was particularly
inconvenienced.  Don't know if someday I might still need a
hysterectomy for another reason though.

Maryanne
Cairo