[RC] Thanks for input so far...Ed, where are you? - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Hello All,

Thanks for all the info so far, looks like I have lots of things to try.  He is going to the vet in the morning for a new coggins, will have the mouth looked at.  Try to eliminate that possibility.  Also, he is riding in an Orthoflex.....better not be the back.  BUT, he is very short backed, and it has the long panels.  Just have to look.  I did check his back the other day, he showed nothing. Somebody I think mentioned genetic????  He is 1/2 Arab and 1/2 Walking Horse.  You can really see that gaited horse in how he moves.  Wonderful long stride, biggest walk I have ever seen on such a little guy.   He does carry his head high, like a Gaited Show horse would.  But, he doesn't toss the head at the canter...in fact, that is when he will drop the head, arch his neck nicely (not pulling on you) and canter along like an Arab Western Pleasure horse.  Sometimes he will get it really low, and I have to lift him up some...I am thinking he will trip and fall down.  Hasn't never done it though.  So, to the vet tomorrow, and then up to the trails at Bankhead for a longer ride with him, 16 miles.  We'll see what happens.

Thanks!
Jody and the girls and now one oddball boy!!!!

Yahoo! Sports