Re: [RC] [RC] for men too! - Dana B.

Maggie and Rob> wrote:
M: Rob makes some good points here and he said I could share so here it is....

R:  Ask what their husbands did to help, or what
they would have liked them to do. We would rather be caregivers than to live
in blissful ignorance.....You may not realize how much men care and want to do the right thing.

Golly, what a nice post!  I'd have to say that the nicest thing my non-horsey husband did was to take the time and effort to feed my horses the way I do.  Usually he's just a 'toss them hay and they'll survive' kinda guy, but with the help of my sons he learned how to do the whole beet pulp + special goodies + a little obsessing = yum yum dinner.  This was very important to me since they were 9 months pregnant at the time.  I really appreciated him taking the effort to not only do it, but to do it the way he knew I liked it done.

BTW count me among the 'best day of my life' crowd.  Also, I would add that mucho walking combined with judicious rest and little/no pain meds other than at night to sleep has stood me well in my 4 abdominal surgeries.  And forget all the stories by non-riding gals - they're wimps!   They also are not doing themselves any favors.  My OB was astounded by the speed of my recovery.  He now has photos of my foals on his "baby wall" since I told him that they were the reason I had to recover and recover quick :-)

Dana

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! Sports