RE: [RC] OT Women only - Lori Greene

I had my hysto two years ago, November.  I had mine done vaginally as well, leaving my ovaries.  After mine, I had a hard time with the urinary tract wanting to kick in, and had to come home with the catheter.  I didn't feel bad initially after the surgery or that night in the hospital.  It was when I came home.  I went back to the doctor the same week, them thinking I had possibly abcessed, results showed no abcess but they find a large cyst on my right ovary.  (still have it) anyway.....  I did the bed rest, everything they told me too.  Come spring I noticed little stuff wore me out.  Walking the horses across the barn lot to pasture.  Mowing somewhat bothered me, and still does.  But I would feel like it took all my energy to do it.  Now, the most noticable problem I have pertaining to horses, is saddling.  I can lift the saddle, but the bringing it up to start to put it over the back, having it now moved away from my center of gravity, really pulls on me.  Takes a lot of effort.  And I can't lift as much weight as I did, but still quite a bit, but when it starts to "pull" I know I'm at my limit.

I know the less you do initially the less likely you are to form scar tissue.  My step sister had one soon after I did, but felt great, started excersising, dancing, etc.  she to this day has problems where as I do not.  So for the long haul it's best to let everything to, so you don't have a life long issue.