[RC] Easy Boot Epics - Lynette Helgeson

HI,

Just got a pair of Easy Boot Epics. I had trimmed my horses hooves and measured them carefully before I ordered the epics, but with the plastic guard over the teeth, I could not get the boots on. The guards stuck out and made them too narrow. I took the guards off and hammered down the teeth, now they go right on.

 I am going to go on a trail ride that takes place for a week. We travel around 20 miles a day, around 5 miles an hour. We use this organized ride to get our horses ready for endurance. I am trying out a new, young mare and she is touchy on gravel and this ride has a lot of gravel on it. I am going to try the epics, and have been reading the posts on it. I have a couple of questions.

First of all, since I have hammered down the teeth and they go right on, should I leave the heel strap on and not cut it off  to help hold them in place? Also there has been some talk about vet wrapping the pastern to keep the gaiter from rubbing. Do you wrap the pastern and hoof or just the hoof? How do you do it?

Any advice would be very much appreciated and helpful.

Lynette Helgeson