Re: [RC] [RC] excited newbie - Juli Jakub

Thanks for the advice. The three year old Morab (I have always owned TB'[s and I am loving the Morab breed myself so far) I won't start even thinking about doing anything with until next year. I am a featherweight so I ride her already, but just short walks around the field, learning to leg yield, turn on haunches, turn on forehand, bend, that sort of thing. Some trot cuz she gets bored easily...smart as a whip! If I was going to event her I would step it up a bit more this year, but it seems like most endurance people are telling me to take it slower if I want her to last...which I do! It has been brought to my attention that my little cowpony might be at least part Paso...he use to have this weird gait that I had never seen...I trained him to trot regular...it is the most god awful trot to sit to but since I ride english and he isn't a dressage horse I just never sit it. I wonder if I made a mistake in encouraging him not to do that gait...maybe it was a real gait and he would be more comfortable in it..it never occured to me when I got him as an abuse case that he might be gaited..oh well no use crying over spilled milk...Desitin...must be chafing problems great! :) Where in Florida are you? I was a jockey at one point in my life and worked out of a farm as an exercise rider in Ocala. I miss it, but my husband is a snow person..Thanks again,

Juli Jakub

The Air of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.

~ arabian proverb