Re: [RC] OT- Flea treatment- sorry Steph! - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 6/16/2005 9:32:34 PM Central Standard Time, mark@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Get a box of 20 Mule Team Borax, sprinkle it all over your floors, walk on it a day or two, then vacuum up.  It works for weeks.

There used to be a product on the market called "Flea Busters" that was basically borax.  It was used in just this fashion, except it was brushed into the carpet and then vacuumed.  It would work for MONTHS!  Once we figured out that it was just borax, we just got the 20 Mule Team stuff and saved a lot of money.  Only had to treat about once year or so.  Now that all the critters are on Advantage, we don't have to treat the house.  Whoever invented the Advantage-type stuff for fleas deserves sainthood.

Dawn in East Texas (with 6 cats and 2 large dogs in the house + 3 outside dogs, and a 12 month flea season)