[RC] Great new training camp spot for endurance riders in north Texas (LBJ Grasslands, Decatur) - Beth Leggieri

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a great location to park my rig with immediate access to the northwest portion of the LBJ Grasslands just outside Decatur, Texas.  Since I often ride alone, I am sensitive to security issues, especially in an overnight camping situation. This is a gated, private property with carefully thought out policies to ensure the privacy and safety of riders.

If you train at the Grasslands or are considering making a trip to camp there while riding the trails, you might check with these folks.  Their property is adjacent to the 25-mile Silver Loop of the Grasslands, but it's an easy ride to catch the other trails for training purposes. They've provided electricity access for each of the nine shady, wooded parking pads as well as a nice community metal water tank for the horses. I found Rhonda Andresen so great to work with. It appears they wish to work from word of mouth rather than advertise to the general riding public. So if you're interested, contact Rhonda at 940/427-2525.

Beth Leggieri Denton, TX "My treasures do not chink or glitter, They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night" - Bedouin Proverb Or . . . The Middle-Aged Endurance Rider's Lament: "If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough."

Discover Yahoo!
Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online & more. Check it out!