Re: [RC] Ticks - Truman Prevatt

Well he's part Begal - so you never know. Back some years ago, when all this stuff was in testing my Equine vet at the time commented that all it was was glorified "Spot On" - the stuff they use on cows and suggested that he would not use any of it on his dog. I had forgotten that until the reaction we got.

There are only 1 in 10,000 people that are reactive to penicillin. The first reaction is not too bad - the second can be deadly. I happened to be married to one that almost bit the big one on the first reaction. I don't fool around with drug reactions. My ex-wife was also allergic to penicillin, but I never used that fact ;-) .

Truman

PS: It was a great party.

Jim Holland wrote:

Hmmm....never heard of anything like this. I've been using Frontline, then
Frontline Plus since it came out. Great stuff, never a problem. FINALLY got
all my neighbors using it.

Wish I could find something as good as Frontline for my horses.

Strange.....are you sure that's a dog, anyway? :)

Did you guys get enough to eat at the "Pig"?

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

Subject: Re: [RC] Ticks

After my last experience I'm a little skeptical to use anything until I did a lot of research. If our horse vet had not been coming out to do Coggins on the horses the day after we gave the Frontline, my dog may have been dead now. He looked at him, gave him a shot of Bamnamine and told us to get him to a clinic right now.

He never reacted to the Advantage until the Frontline reaction. Now both seem to cause him problems.

Truman

-=-=

--

“The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second class citizen to a second class immortal.” Satchel Paige