From: Kari Hanes <khanes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Karen Casemier <kcrazzmatazz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   White River ride information
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:21:30 -0400

Re: [RC] White River ride information
From:
Kari Hanes <khanes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:21:30 -0400
To:
Karen Casemier <kcrazzmatazz@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Karen,
There are 2 hills that I can think of (gradual inclines). Mostly old 2 tracks, some gravel roads, 2 spots about 1/4 mile each on the second loop that are along paved road, not a whole lot of sand. There were only a couple spots where I slowed to a walk because of the sand. Good for crewing - quite a few spots where the trail intersects roads. The most nerve racking spot for me is the pines, it is a single track that goes between rows of pine trees - not a place to move out with a jumpy horse, it isn't very long - thank goodness! Camping area is large - no camp fees. Outhouses and running water by vet check. Hope this covers it.

Kari
Montalee Arabians
Holton, MI

Karen Casemier wrote:
For those of you who have attended the White River rides in Michigan, can you provide a description of the trail conditions? I've heard it is sandy, but that's it - is it deep sand? Flat/hilly, etc. Thanks.