Re: [RC] trading horses (or Alpine's vacation) - belinda romanuski

I have a mare that I was told did not like to go out by herself.  Leading her did not help too much.  I started ground driving her.  I rigged up two lunge lines through leather ties on the saddle and it has worked wonders.  I am amazed at the difference in her.
When you are leading them, you are actually out in front, and they sort of just follow as they would if there was another horse.  By driving them from behind, they are out there by themselves.  They are seeing all the horse eating monsters first.  But you are there to talk to them and reassure them.  Ground driving has really helped me.

Belinda