RE: [RC] Ouch! So that's what a pull at the finish feels like! - Chris Paus

Agreed! I saw someone get pulled at a ride when her horse was CLEARLY 3 legged lame. She argued and argued with the vet and then got on Ridecamp and complained some more. She did two more rides after that and got pulled at both of them for lameness.  I know the vet and watched it happen. If Dr. jeanie says something is wrong with your horse, you'd darn well better pay attention!

The vets have our horses' best interest at heart.

I've not been pulled, but have finished OT and have done a few rider options. Yeah, it stings to pay that money for the entry fee, gas to get there, camping, etc., and not accomplish the goal, but it feels good to bring home a horse who will go to a ride again another day.

I haven't argued with vets, but I did spout off to a volunteer once and felt terrible about it. I apologized as soon as I got my wits about me again and let her know she did nothing wrong.. it was me having a really bad day.

When I started this sport, I thought I had to prove myself and finish every ride no matter what. Now I know that there's Always another ride! If we don't finish and I feel good enough to do something, I volunteer and still have fun.

chris

Laurie Underwood <laurieunderwood@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I watched Lippy trot out at the finish and saw the pull. Deb, you
handled it so well. I've seen folks in all distances get pulled who get
mad at the vets or the horse, which blows my mind. You were gracious
and a great sport. A great credit to endurance ... and I know that you
and Lippy have a great future together.

Laurie Underwood