[RC] motion sickness in the dark - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Paula Juergens cowlitztractor@xxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This isn't that uncommon.
And your right about no cure, also about things that don't work,,, mostly
because unless you have an inner ear problem the issue is phychological and
instinctive. We are not nocturnal creatures, and our eye's do not adjust like
our horses eyes to manage our way efficiently through the dark. We, with out
our horses, machines and the discovery of fire, were actually only a minor
predator in the global scheme of things. We were not ever the superior hunter,
until we started using tools.
Anyway, it's also a control issue. I am a control freak so don't worry I'm not
one to speak. But here you are, out on this animal, that can see better then
you can, but that is entirely a prey animal built for flight,, that can dump
and leae you there for cougar supper in a heartbeat, in the dark, instinctively
in the back of your brain and with out really realizing you know you don't
belong there. The manifestation is the sick feeling. Some of us know we'd be in
the same boat, but thank goodness I don't have a horse that can cut that kind
of mustard, We're still just working our way to getting some consistant top 10
times and Maybe we'll think about some BC's before we even concider a 50 mile.
100 miles would be out,,,  The control thing in the dark,,, that's me. But
rather then upset stomach, I get very grumpy and edgy,, not fair to my horse.