[RC] Plastic/composite horse shoes? - T. Rashid

Have any of you tried the plastic/composite horse shoes on your endurance horses?  What has been your experience with those?  (Apologies if this has already been hashed out – I am a recent re-subscriber to ridecamp.)

I have a perfectly healthy, sound horse who is having no problems with regular horseshoes.  But as an ex-distance runner, I just wonder if some of the newer composite shoes might offer even better shock absorption.  Even if they are more expensive, that is not particularly an issue for me.  (Within reason of course.  Say 2-3 times more cost is fine.  10 times more expensive is probably not worth it since I have no problems right now.)

Inquiring minds…

Thanks,

.Terri

Redmond, WA