[RC] RC Malaysia Edaran Classic:Lowering The Bar - Nik Isahak Abdullah

Thanks Steph.You and Dinah Rojek have been excellent ambassadors for your country.I hope both of you have enjoyed the short sojourn in our countryFor Dinah it was really really short.She flew in and the next day we know she was already out,to another endurance ride I guess.
Yes we do think that FEI has erred here in setting up the bar too high.If you Americans,Canadians and Australians are generally not happy with the the bar I wonder whereit originate from.Could this be the work of the influential "Toulouse Group" in FEI.In Malaysia at least this bar certainly ensure us that we will never be able to compete internationally on our own horses as prequalifying at that minimum 12 kph would never be a reality unless we have our horses reconfigured in heaven.
I did wrote about this to FEI a couple of years back when Mr Michael Stone was the Endurance Chairman but as you say Steph,FEI work in a peculiar sort of way. Obviously I was barking at the wrong tree.!But then the Chairman of the Endurance Technical Committee himself had officiated at our rides before a couple of time in the past ??
If we have a choice between running our local horses to the ground to acheive prequalifying standards and riding lease horses forever overseas we will spare our horses and carry on leasing.That one we know.
Hope to see you next year Steph.

Dr Nik Isahak Wan Abdullah

Find just what you are after with the more precise, more powerful new MSN Search. http://search.msn.com.my/ Try it now.