[RC] Dumb TWH Question? - Nancy Sturm

Truman's post prompted me to humble myself and ask what is probably a dumb question.

I have my first gaited horse, a tough little TWH gelding.  He would like to trot.  I love nothing better than a horse with a nice ground-covering trot, but  I sort of thought it was not okay for a TWH to trot.  Will it inhibit his ability to gait if he  also trots?

He's a slab-sided little guy, and after I got over feeling like I was riding a broomstick, I realized my aging hips and knees no longer hurt when I ride.  I may never be able to ride a well-sprung horse again!

Nancy Sturm and Hunter, equine ATV