[RC] Sound Horse Session - apleg8'n

Fyi...for anyone interested in what is happening to protect the soring of the TWH this came to me this morning:

Amber,
   The SHO website is down, and not sure how long it will be
before it's back on line again, but here is something that may
be of interest to you as a sound horse person....

               roger

> Press Release:  For Immediate Release
>
> FOSH To Host Listening Session On
> Horse Protection Program Operating Plan and Scar Rule
> (05/24/2005)
>
> Friends of Sound Horses (FOSH) has announced it will hold a series
> of listening sessions around the country for its constituents and
> the sound gaited horse community.  The primary purpose of these
> sessions will be to explain how the USDA Horse Protection (HP)
> Program Operating Plan (OP) is derived, and invite speakers to give
> their input for changes to the 2007-2009 OP.  The session will also
> invite input on the Scar Rule regulations and how they could be
> better interpreted to enhance enforcement of the Horse Protection
> Act.
>
> The first listening session will be held in conjunction with the
> Virginia Gaited Jubilee (FOSH Region 1 Championship show), on
> Thursday, July 28th from 2-6 p.m.   It will be facilitated by Robin
> Lohnes, Executive Director of the American Horse Protection
> Association.  The location for this event will be the Best Western
> Inn at Hunt Ridge, in Lexington, VA.
>
> Following an introduction on the history and development of the
> Operating Plan and Scar Rule, speakers will be invited to present
> their input on these topics.  Presenters will be advised to prepare
> written statements, and will be limited to 10 minutes per topic.
> Those wishing to present their input should contact Keith Dane at
> djuj@xxxxxxx or (410) 795-6144 before the event, to be included on
> the list of presenters.  All presenters will be sent a copy of the
> current (2004-2006) OP and the Scar Rule regulations.  Individuals
> who are unable to attend in person may send their remarks to be
> reviewed at the listening session.
>
> A second session is being planned for the weekend of September 16-
> 18, 2005, to coincide with the Best of the West show, to be held in
> Spanish Fork, Utah (near Salt Lake City).  Other locations being
> considered are St. Louis, MO and Western New York.  Representatives
> of the USDA will be invited to attend all scheduled listening
> sessions.
>
> FOSH is a national leader in the promotion of natural, sound gaited
> horses and in the fight against abuse and soring of Tennessee
> Walking Horses.  For more information or to become a member of FOSH,
> please contact info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call 800-651-7993.

Yahoo! Groups Links