[RC] link to jack's injuries - mary

Thanks for all your good wishes and encouraging experiences. I just got back from an afternoon at the vet.  Jack did not tolerate the cast and kept breaking it, so Dr. Peters did something really neat.  Tow of the pictures show what the injury looked like today. The other 2 pictures show partly how he rigged Jack up. There was no tissue left to stitch so he bandaged it really good. Above the hock, he temporarily used baling twine to wrap around his leg (A local saddle maker is making a dog type collar right now with sheepskin on the inside.  It is about 5 inches wide and wraps around his leg.  It will have a metal loop attached.  We also had him shod on that food with a shoe that extends forward about an inch which has a metal hook attached to the part that extends in the front.)  A bungee cord is attached to the collar above the hock down to the hook on the front of the shoe.  This enables him to walk – keeping the front of his foot from flopping and dragging under.  It seems to be working good.  II’l get a full picture tomorrow so that it all makes sense.  He really is a great vet and fortunately is an equine only vet.

Here’s the link    http://www.oroszfamily.com/jacks%20injuries/