[RC] OT - Defy the Fly collar - Sarah Simmons

First, let me start out by saying that I have searched
the archives on this topic and only found one person
who said the Defy the Fly collar worked on her aged
pony mare.

I live in Georgia where it is hot and sticky and there
are all sorts of NASTY bugs down here.  We especially
hate the gnats that live inside the horse's ears.

My gelding can not keep a fly mask on and I have tried
many different varietys.  Well, I should say, my
gelding has no problem keeping the masks on, but his
buddies like to tear the mask off him while they are
playing.

Does anyone who lives in a hot, muggy, buggy climate
have experience with the Defy the Fly collars?  Does
it work to keep bugs off the horse's face and those
nasty gnats out of their ears?  Does the collar really
break away in case it gets stuck - say in another
horse's mouth?!  I know the directions say not to let
the animals chew on the collar, but I just cannot let
my horse go like this with bugs taking up residence in
his ears and around his eyes.  Please share your
experiences with this product, if you have any to
share.

Also, Country Supply carries a cheaper version called
Fly Free Zone, and I am waiting for them to call me
back and tell me if this collar is break-away too.

Thanks,
Sarah Simmons
Demorest, GA

Yahoo! Mail