[RC] Hill Country State Natural Area near Bandera, TX - oddfarm

John and I went to San Antonio a few months ago and we went to the neatest restaurant right where those hills are. It was called the Gray Moss Inn. Great food and very eclectic. I wanted to go to a saddlery in Bandera but never made it. The hills were very quaint and I drove all though the area. You can also rent bikes and bike it.

We kept seeing signs that said to help save the area, (this was a preserve that is just SE of Bandera) and the locals told me that Wal-Mart wanted to build there. Sigh. {:( I hate progress.

I do love the San Antonio area. I also like the east side around the Seguin area. Houston was a nice place to visit, as I went to the big livestock and horse show and they had enough vendors there to make a day of shopping leave you shaking!! Texas is all about horses, cowboys, cowgirls and the real west. I loved it! I hate reading about family ranches that lose everything and have to sell off.

I would rather live anyplace than in the steamy, buggy, unbearably hot, nothing but cement and rude people (ahhhh, that IS progress) part of Florida where we live now.

Lisa Salas, The Oddf aRm