[RC] [Fwd: Speed Kills] - Bruce Weary DC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Speed Kills
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 08:25:10 -0700
From: Bruce Weary DC <bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dabneyesq@xxxxxxxxxxx

  Hey Dabs--
Regarding your recommendations for letting the horse go at his speed until he figures it all out, I had a bad experience with that. I was training my trusty mount "Scout" (the mechanical horse down at Safeway) and though the machine called for dimes only, in my ignorance I began using quarters instead. Things went well for a while, but then he began to smoke and sputter, finally blowing a piston on the right rear. My Tevis plans are completely trashed because of my mistake. I mean this horse was like a machine. I camped all night with him in the parking lot, oiling the leg, hoping for a miracle. No luck. The store manager said it didn't look good, so they unplugged him. (sniff!) I must have been a sorry sight shuffling home wearing my cap guns and dragging my stick horse behind me. Dayna met me at the door with a fudgsicle, and I broke down. How am I gonna get this stick horse ready for Tevis in time? He's really going to need to put some weight on first. (I always prepare a back-up horse) I learned my lesson. Speed kills. From now on, dimes only.   Bruce