[RC] bear encounter short & sweet - Erica

Got lost on a distance ride in Taos, NM (NATRC)-- it was also  the same trail which served for poker rides, bbq rides and such --ribbons were all intermingled on trail (a nightmare, really). Trotting along smartly, my arab gelding and I stumbled over a bear slumbering  in the middle of the rockiest trail ever.  The bear hightailed it into the woods--and we continued down that path in hopes of finding another ribbon  rather than figuring out no one had been down that trail for at least a bear's nap.
Erica DeVoti