----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Paus

When was a kid in 4H, waaay back in the 1960s, we used the same horse for everything... halter, WP, gaming classes, and trail riding! The horse had to be well rounded and capable! We couldn't afford specialized horses, and back then, I think most open shows were like that also...even breed specific shows...

*4-H was then geared to encouraging kids with backyard horses to be involved..nobody had fancy show horses, like I see today in our county...it's a real shame.  Plus, it seems to be more competitive and less fun!
Karen

Kansas State Motto: Ad Astra Per Aspera.. to the stars through difficult....

BayRab Acres
Paola KS
913-731-5947
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus