[RC] Mandatory equipment - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Paula Juergens cowlitztractor@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Man, didn't mean to get everyones britches in a bunch!
My suggestion about making breast collars mandatory was only a suggestion, I
didn't make it mandatory for anyone, so don't get all excited. It was simply
based on the idea that Prineville is not only about the most awesome ride I've
seen yet with really good challenging trails, But if we can make shoes on some
rides mandatory to protect the horses, maybe we should concider just issuing an
advisory that they certain equipment for the protection of all is strongly
suggested since some people seem to interpret that a horse that is prepared and
trained for certain situations is always going to react like a trained and
prepared horse. When it reality, you never know for sure how they will react
until it's too late and you are there. Maybe they will behave the same as at
home, maybe they wont, maybe they will cause injury to people and horses, maybe
they won't,As horse people this is common sense. So whats the problem with a
strong advisory,, the marine board does it at the fisheries and river jetty's
when the waters are dangerous for boats under certain sizes to pass over the
bar into the ocean,, it won't cure every problem, but it never hurts. Maybe if
someone would have had noticed and said "hey,, I've ridden this ride before,,
can I make a suggestion,,,,,,,," I don't know about the gal with the broken
leg, but I know I can't afford the doctor bill or the time off of work, let
alone the time off of my half broke horse!