Re: [RC] TV Program about Endurance riders and wildlife encounters--Laney - Susan, Princess of Pink

What I've noticed most is that people think critters are JUST LIKE Walt Disney portrays them, IE cute and cuddly with adorable human voices and characteristics.  When folks learn I foxhunt, some of them jump all in my mess kit.  "HOW can you hunt those ADORABLE fox?!!"

A friend in England lost a prize ewe to fox.  It was raining (can you IMAGINE?) and the ewe got down and couldn't get up because her wool was too heavy.  Fox came and ate her alive.  My friend had to put the ewe down via rifle.  Now, how adorable is that?

I hope this program is educational as well as entertaining.  If you've seen "Cloud", you know Ginger can produce a quality show.  Perhaps, Ginger, you could ask a few endurance riders to form an "advisory committee"...is that done in the entertainment biz?  Us endurance riders have opinions, if nothing else! LOL!

Laney Humphrey <laneyhh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I hope you will think a lot about how you want to present the sport of
endurance and its interface with the wilderness. Please keep in mind
that some of the same folks sitting indoors have strong beliefs about
how animals should be treated (both wild and domestic, i.e., horses) but
have no real experience with either wild or domestic animals themselves.
They are not people the sport of endurance wants to give any
encouragement to!

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)