[RC] Too early to think about Tevis?? - Chipnml

I'm planning to go out to Tevis this year, but not to ride.  I've contacted the Tevis site and filled out a volunteer application, but am wondering if I'd get a better experience by helping crew for someone (of course if someone I know from the midwest is going to ride I would help crew for them).  I've found I get a lot more fulfillment out of an event like this if I don't just go as a spectator.  I'm really kind of up in the air about how I want to do this, also the time frame.  Would I plan to be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday (which is kind of what I figure will happen)?  My plan so far is to fly into Sacramento, where I have relatives, the Thursday before.  After that I'm kind of in the dark.  I'm sure I can get a ton of advice, suggestions, comments, etc from you guys.  I know it's seems early to be thinking about this, but in my line of business it's hard to do anything last minute!  BTW I've recently purchased a pretty nice digital camera and hope to take LOTS of pics!

Chip (who is facing the reality that Cheers will probably not be her Tevis horse...Cheers says "whew!!")