RE: [RC] 100 mile rides - Jim Holland

Thanks, Gary…but there are lots of good rides available that are non-FEI….I’m sure the FEI sanctioned rides will survive without me. J

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gary Fend
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 7:53 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: AERCMembersForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] 100 mile rides

Well you should attend 20 Mule Team, Jim, cuz:

You have the whole desert to crew--take a couple acres if you need it.

Your crew could probably drive their Hummer along side you if they want. (BTW, your crew can't meet you along the trail at Tevis either)

The only time I experienced a line to vet besides at the check in the day before the ride, the vet started examining two to three horses at a time to speed things up.

Nobody knows or cares who is non-fei so everyone is treated like a first class citizen.

It is the farthest I travel to do a ride and always have a good time.

Gary

Jim Holland <lanconn@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You're not the only one who feels that way, and I won't do ANY ride that is
FEI and AERC sanctioned. The spring Biltmore is the closest ride to
me...and I don't attend for the very same reason. I will not attend a ride
where they confine me to a tiny space to crew, my crew can't meet me on the
trail, I can't feed my horse in the vet line, and non-FEI riders are treated
as "second class citizens". I miss that ride...but I will NEVER attend
again as long as it is FEI sanctioned. Once was enough.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Mgic