[RC] trailer brakes - Dawn Simas

<<There is nothing more frightening than that feeling of having your horse trailer PUSH you down hills and nothing more frightening than pushing those breaks down to the floor and taking a LONG time to get to a stop! >>

Since I ride in the Sierras and the trip up and down from Robinson Flat is a steep, long, narrow one, I know this feeling.  This is another reason that I've fallen in love with my Brenderup.  They have their own braking system called "inertia" brakes.  They are like surge brakes on a boat trailer, but with no hydraulics, they are mechanical.  They do not require electric brakes from your truck.  Therefore, you do not have to choose between a) riding your trucks brakes to engage your trailer's brakes on a downgrade or b) being pushed down faster.  :)  The trailer will take care of itself and the truck doesn't have extra stress.  This is what also allows them to be pulled by smaller vehicles.  :)
Dawn