RE: [RC] more on 100 mile riders - Jim Holland

Another interesting stat would be “number of 100 milers by region”.  I would guess most on West Coast.  Mike, can you do that?

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ed Kilpatrick
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 8:15 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] more on 100 mile riders

truman, then you get a turnout like the recent goethe challenge 100 miler and it screws up the stats!  oh, what a problem to have!    while you are crunching those numbers, it would be interesting to see how many rookie 100 milers were in that one.

time will tell how much of a 100 mile "bug" i will have.  i may be around for a long time!  all the "big time" stuff holds little appeal for me.   i just like to ride my horse through the woods.

and truman, feel free to make all the blanket generalizations you want to make here.  i think that if you have to take it, then you should be able to dish it out.     :-)      ed