Re: [RC] [AERCMembersForum] Angie's eating disorder - - Truman Prevatt

I normally ran the 880 (half mile 800 meters now). However, I did run the 440 from time to time and even the 220. My senior year (high school) I had the fastest 100 yard dash time (actually it was the fastest in the region) on our the track team so I was on the speed side. The first part of my junior year in. high school year coach said I was lazy, depended too much on my speed at the end (and not running a smart race) so he bumped me up to the mile. I didn't know what I did to deserve that. He also wanted our miler (who was two time state champion in that evet in high school, went on to an NCAA championship in the 5,000 and 10,000 at West Point and a great career running for the Army) to develop more speed so he moved him down to my slot in the 880. John was never comfortable with the 880 becuase it only took a little less than 2 minutes vs. a littel over 4 minutes (high school times).

I always dreaded running the mile. My first time out I puked my guts out before I stepped to the starting line. I won the damn thing but felt like hell afterwards. In fact I felt like hell after every mile I ran and puked my guts out after more than one. About half way through the season John and I traded back - both of us were very happy. In retrospect it must have worked for both John and I, but I sure hated it.

I just don't eat much when I am working or concentrating. I never have. I'm just not hungry. Maybe that's why I have so much trouble losing weight ;-) .

Truman

staggandcheryl@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Acutally my nerves have gotten much better over the years.

Truman will appreciate the following. In the first two mile I ever ran in competition back in high school, I was puking the first few laps from nerves. Does give the guy behing pause before trying to pass. :>)

Stagg

--

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein