Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2618 Wild life sightings - Chipnml

We have a ride in SE MN that takes us past (I kid you not) a PEACOCK farm.  The first year I competed Cheers--not a year I care to think about anyway--we came past the farm, and he stopped dead when he saw a male peacock right by the road.  Then the peacock decided to fan his tail and give that earsplitting call.  I could feel Cheers literally getting lower and lower...had the distinct feeling I was the ammo on a catapult.  So I got off and we walked/danced past the bird.  In the past 13 years he HAS gotten better.  Now when the wild turkeys zoom out onto the trail in front of us, we all go along together in one big happy group.  Is that where they get the term "turkey trot?"

Chip