Re: [RC] Any restrictions on RIDER drugs? - Susan, Princess of Pink

YEARS ago at the second Okmulgee Cougar Prowl, a (new-to-endurance) rider got kicked in the mouth while picking out her horse's hooves during a vet check.  As blood was POURING out of her mouth and she was staggering around, she pleaded with me not to pull her.  Now THAT'S a real endurance rider.  Bless her heart, she sucked it up and trotted on.  I think of her every time I get a little owie and want to quit something.

But, no, there are no rules re: riders being on drugs.  Like Angie said, you do HAVE to share them, however.  Angie, you ride BEHIND those with dilated pupils.  They can SEE the cob webs as they eat them and can warn you about the branches slapping their face.  (Maybe they can't taste or feel...but they can see!)

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
AERC: no official rule. Unofficial policy is share with anyone else who
is whining and never pass up a chance to fill a prescription even if the
root canal didn't hurt. Personally though, I'm an Aleve in moderation
person but swore after my last broken collarbone on the trail that I'd
keep something stronger with me in case of an emergency.

Now, *I* have a question. If taking drugs dilates the pupils...does that
give a drugged up rider an advantage with night vision? >g<

Angie

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)