Re: [RC] re: Pommel Packs-another thought - Kristen A Fisher

Probably a good idea. Depending in the way you may part company with your horse, having it in a Camelbak still may not be that accessible to you...

Kristen
----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Paus
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:16 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] re: Pommel Packs-another thought

Katie, get a Cashel ankle safe for your phone.

Oh wow Nancy, that is so good that you had your cell phone with you.
I think you and Cindy are very right about the importance of having the
cell phone ON the rider, not the horse. I wished that I had a cell
phone ON me, instead of in my saddlepack when my horse dumped me and
ran home (we were riding alone). I was fine, but I wanted to call to
tell the people at the stable not to worry when they see a riderless
horse blasting down to the barn. :) Instead, when I got there, people
were already out looking for me- and so I had to go run after them too.
It wasn't a big emergency, but it made me realize that it could have
been if I was hurt and by myself.
I'm one of those people who don't like things (like fanny packs) tied
around my waist while riding. Thanks Dabney for letting me know about
the velcro phone holders. Long Riders Gear has some nice-looking packs
and safety gear, including an ankle pack for those interested:
http://secure.dns77.com/www_longridersgear_com/catalog/
product_info.php?products_id=76

Katie