Re: [RC] missing headstall at Biltmore--STOLEN??? - Coujurs1

In a message dated 5/11/2005 12:16:39 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, steelsidedown@xxxxxxx writes:
Dina is being terribly polite not mentioning that,several items were *STOLEN* at Biltmore, including two brand new saddles. Ride management was able to recover one from an offenders trailer.

This really should be addressed further..........
Actually this is not true.  The one that was on display to be given for the 50 miler top twenty drawing was not stolen, and I believe the other one was being bought by the person that put it in their trailer.  I know the first one wasn't stolen, since I ran down the facts.  I will leave names out.  We got told ride management would have to reimburse the saddle company for the saddle that was under the tent that was to be awarded.  A person went around taking up money, I approached someone and told them that RM would have to pay for the saddle, and they said but it wasn't stolen.  They told me a man came up and said that they had lent the saddle to the saddle company owner, and that it belonged to his wife.  This man was told that he must leave a note to that fact with his name and where he was parked, this actually went on for quite a bit with some disagreeing about his being able to take the saddle.  The note was read before he was allowed to take the saddle.  So I found the person that was over the saddle company and he said that no, it wasn't someone else's it was brand new.  So I took him over to the person that saw what went on.  With the saddle owner insistant ant that no one had his permission to get the saddle.  It came up that did he know anyone that might have gotten the saddle, since the man that picked it up was insist ant that it was theirs.  He said no, my dealer from a close by state is here.  When I asked for their name, found out that was the name of there person picking up the saddle.  Then it comes out that, that the saddle on display wasn't the one being donated, and the dealer rep. had been told this, that a certificate was being given.
  Nina