Re: [RC] [RC] horse climbing sides of trailer HELP!!!! - L gin

The full divider wall may also be the problem. He can't spread his feet wide enough for balance. We had a problem with a full divider and an older mare falling down, She couldn't brace wide enough cause of the full divider.
Most scramblers need a full wall to "crawl up" giving them more space or putting them in a center stall with partial dividers usally works for them.

From: "Carol Suggs" <limofunder@xxxxxxx>
To: "Jen" <horse2die4@xxxxxxxxx>,<ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   horse climbing sides of trailer HELP!!!!
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 21:34:46 -0700

Somehow you will need to pull that partition and allow him to ride as a slant. He sounds like he is getting scared and soon he may fall or heaven forbid try to climb into the manger. I had this happen with my paint mare and it was aweful. If you can try and get that center divider out and give him more room to balance himself.

Carol-Mariposa