RE: [RC] FEI/AERC - Jim Holland

Laua, it’s a good thing to make that point, but looking back over the posts, I don’t see any reference to our US riders or any comments regarding their conduct, derogatory or otherwise.  The major issue (in addition to the drug debacle) is that FEI policies and principles are in conflict with AERC’s policies and principles, and the divergence is not getting better, it’s getting worse.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Laura Hayes
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 7:48 AM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: [RC] FEI/AERC

That said, I think it is unfair of us to go on and on about riding young horses, when our riders are NOT doing that.  Name me one US rider who is 'racing' a young horse in FEI competition.  I don't believe there are any.  All the horses in FEI competition in our country are older and more experienced.  Let's not paint our riders with this brush - it is not fair to them.

I think the waters are muddied by discussing the two issues in the same breath.