From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of MJWEST02@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 11:36 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] TMJ treatment

I have searched the archives and can't seem to find any past discussion RE: TMJ.   My horse had dental work and was power floated for points and waves on Monday.  The vet said she was tender on her right TMJ.  I am giving 1 gram of bute every 12 hours for 10 days (we are on day 4)  The vet told me that if she is still sore after the 10 days, to call him and he can inject cortizone in the joint.

HOWEVER, I want to know more about this.  I don't get warm fuzzies when I imagine a needle going into her head... Help me out here - most of you have been there or seen it... Would a chiropractic adjustment be a "better" alternative??

Thanks - Mary