[RC] Mohair Cinches-cleaning advice? - erin ...

I have a mohair cinch, and the way i clean it is just by hosing it down(has always worked great).  But I got gal salve on it somehow(even though my horse didn't have gals) and I tried hosing it off and it wasn't coming off that nicely.  I know gal salve is a pain in the rear end to get off of things unless its like neoprene/biothane/zilco/etc.  So does anyone have any advice they could give me on how I could get this gal salve off?  I have been trying to wash it off this past week and I don't want to "over" wash my cinch and have mohair start to untangle or something.  I have a race this weekend and I know the gal salve on the cinch won't bother my horse at all, just I don't want it to collect dirt or something and start to rub or bug him.  Thank you for any advice/suggestions !!

-Erin

Discover Yahoo!