Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2593 French snaffle - Chipnml

After trying almost every bit available the first few years I had Cheers, I took a close look at his mouth and settled on a french snaffle.  He has a big fat tongue and is fairly short from the front to the corners of his lips.  The three joints of the french snaffle lay over his tongue, and the narrower links fit his smaller mouth.  It really pays to analyze the anatomy of their mouth and find a bit that works...just like saddles, no bit is perfect for every mouth.  He can still be a real puke on the trail, but at least he doesn't hold his head out of reach when I put the bridle on ;-).

Chip