[RC] [RC] re: FEI legal update WEC - KimFue

This is very disappointing but if proper procedure was not followed what choice did the judicial committee have?  Wouldn't this be along the same line as a drug test here coming up positive but if the tester didn't have the rider sign the form any kind of official punishment would be impossible.  Although I will say that I think most AERC endurance riders would use "peer pressure" if somebody got off on a technical error here  I am not sure the International and FEI riders would feel the same at that high level of competition.

At least it is public knowledge that the test did come back positive both times when tested.  There is certainly a cloud that the WEC 2004 champion earned that title fairly and that in itself is a very sad day for this sport.   I hope in the future that proper procedure will be followed (as I recall the first drug test did not follow FEI protocol) so that the results of a positive drug test will hold up through all legal channels regardless of the money and influence of the rider.

Kim Fuess
AERC #6648