Re: [RC] Buying a horse over the Internet - to Pat - Katrina O'Neal

Pat ~ I can't speak for RMTC, but I have both bought and sold horses over the Net; in fact as a breeder, I think 95% of my buyers have come to me through the Net. I've even sold a number of horses off of video alone. So far all transactions have been great. Everyone has been honest except in one case. That was my purchase of a broodmare, sight unseen.

The woman told me all was well with this mare, but when I scheduled a repro exam, she suddenly stopped returning my calls. Luckily, no $$ had changed hands at that point.

The "Net" has made the world a very small place, and if RMTC is in business for the long haul, I'm sure they are very careful about customer satisfaction. ALWAYS get any terms, condition, etc. in writing, and, always have a prepurchase done. And, if you are buying a riding horse, I would certainly try it out before hand...simply because of "personal fit."

Good luck!

Katrina