[RC] another book - susan tweedale-hill \(golshani\)

Red Roan Pony by Joseph Wharton Lippincott, illustrated by C.W. Anderson, copyright 1934/1951 : found it in a thrift store some months back.

author's note- I remember my first pony, a Shetland named Bijou, who lived to be 34, and then the fast Spanish gray that left me sitting in the dust when he shied at a turkey gobbler, and lazy, fat Dandy, a yellow Norwegian with a mane like a big toothbrush, and Runsome, the flashy brown Indian mustang of the Wyoming plains, a small horse that seemed to have wings: and last, but most wonderful, slim little Judy who never needed whip or rein. To all of them I dedicate this book, not without reverence for all parents and others who encourage children to understand and appreciate such faithful steeds and gay playfellows.

Most of Lippincott's listed books seem to be about other animals.

Susan Tweedale-Hill (Golshani)
61500 Rose Hill Rd
Salesville, OH 43778-9623
1-740-679-2333