Re: [RC] Another feed topic - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Kim kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't have any experience w/ the LMF products but do use the Dynamite
products exclusively. What I can tell you about Dynamite grain (I am assuming
you are referring to their grain called Pelleted Grain Ration)is it doesn't
have a lot of the chemicals and preservatives so many other grain manufactures
put in there grains to keep it fresh. The major preservatives I am referring to
are ethoxyquin, and BHA/BHT. My non endurance horses receive 1/2-1 cup of the
grain. My endurance horse during competition season gets anywhere from 1lb (non
riding days) to 2-3 lbs on days I ride. When I am not competing him I cut him
back to 1 cup of the grain. All my horses do well on this grain. One generally
doesn't have to feed a lot of the Dynamite grain as Dynamites philosophy is
less is more. Plus the ingredients they use in all their products are very high
quality. Can't say that for other manufacturers. Dynamite also uses many
chelated minerals in there products. Since Dynamite uses chelated minerals
(organic) in their products horses must have an equal amount of inorganic
minerals to the organic (chelated); as giving a horse all chelated minerals it
would be way to hot for them. I would say 80-90% of the grain manufactures out
there use exclusively inorganic minerals in there feeds and thus one must feed
more to get the same results that you would most likely get by feeding the
Dynamite products. Not only are more horses on the grain, but they are on many
of the other Dynamite products which plays a big role. Dynamite mills their own
feed and it is is the only urea free, antibiotic free, meat and bone meal free,
insecticide free and unnatural preservative free feed mill in the US.

What I have been noticing since having my endurance horse on the Dynamite
products is the longer I have him on the products the stronger he gets.