From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ridecamp Guest
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 9:57 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Saddle Pad Question (Abigail Madden)

Please Reply to: Mary Watkins info@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would refrain from cutting a hole in the Supracore pad.  The black/white
surface layer acts on the cells to allow them to bend or compress in a
uniform and gradient manner.

I am aware of an instance where a pad became torn on the surface (horse
side).  An edge of a cell wall was exposed and caused a small but
significantly deep pressure area.

Right now, I am examining a Supracore Demo Pad.  It is a cutaway of a
Supracore Pad.  One side is covered with the surface layer, the other side
exposes the central layer of cells.

The edge does not have the cloth binding that is on a finished pad.
Instead, it has been compressed and melted, forming a rounded/contoured edge
of cell walls.

So, I feel there may be a risk to simply cutting the pad.  That would leave
a rim of upright edges against your horse...IF YOU USE ONLY THE SUPRACORE
PAD, AND NO OTHER PAD BETWEEN THE HORSE AND PAD.

If you used a thin pad of some sort, between the supracore and horse, maybe
that would be enough of an interface to make my concern a non-issue.

But, now that I think about it...why don't you continue to use your
Supracore pad as it is, and put a pad with adequate loft between it and the
horse?  I know many people that combine the Supracore with something
underneath (for various purposes).  And, of course the cover manufactured by
the company is a consideration.